ECIA NSW/ACT Sector Support & Development Activities
ECIA NSW/ACT have delivered a number of workshops, seminars and forums in 2017 designed to assist ECI service providers in NSW/ACT transitioning to the NDIS.
This includes resourcing ongoing forums, providing individual support and advice to our members, collating systemic issues and interfacing with government, representing the ECI sector and running specialist workshops on key issues of interest.
Ongoing Regional Forums
ECIA NSW/ACT convenes three ongoing Forums across NSW/ACT:
- Nepean Blue Mountains
- Hunter New England
- The Australian Capital Territory
The purpose of these Forums is to:
- Map ECI service providers and key local referral agencies;
- Identify systemic issues arising out of the NDIS transition;
- Foster development of solutions on systemic and local levels;
- Support delivery of early childhood intervention in line with the National Best Practice Guidelines on ECI Practice.
Representation of systemic issues
ECIA NSW/ACT keep a detailed register of issues raised with us by our members. We meet regularly with Commonwealth and State governments about key systemic issues and appropriate solutions.
ECIA NSW/ACT Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) “Master Class”: Transition Provider Practice Workshop
The Master Class was an initiative of ECIA NSW/ACT as part of our ongoing commitment to providing support and development opportunities to the sector Early Childhood Intervention (the sector) in NSW/ACT and our response to requests from the Sector on good practice regarding implementation of the ECEI Approach.
The purpose was to foster collaboration and knowledge sharing between ECEI Transition Partners/ECEI Partners (ECEI services), especially amongst Year 1 and Year 2 services. The Master Class was developed in in consultation with the Sector around the three domains of the ECEI Approach.
ECIA NSW/ACT produced a Good Practice document which was circulated to all ECEI Transition Providers in NSW/ACT.
The Manager of Sector Development, Enis Jusufsphahic is available to provide individual support to ECI service providers in NSW/ACT. Please call the ECIA NSW/ACT office on 9873 2593 to arrange for an appointment.
ECI Sector Representation
In 2017 ECIA NSW/ACT has invested in representing the ECI sector in NSW/ACT by way of formal submission and appearance at public hearing for the following inquiries and reviews:
• Productivity Commission’s Inquiry into NDIS Costs;
• Parliamentary Inquiry into the NDIS ECEI Approach;
• Independent Pricing Review of the National Disability Insurance Scheme, McKinsey & Company.
Consortiums, Alliances and Partnerships Seminar for ECI Services
ECIA NSW/ACT delivered a seminar for ECI services about:
- How the current ECI service delivery model aligns with the NDIS individualised funding model; and
- The impetus to consider formal partnership arrangements in order to assure sustainability of ECI service delivery.
- Different structural models (e.g. Alliances and Mergers) and corporate vehicles (e.g. Incorporated Association and Company Limited by Guarantee) that would support a joint tender.
This seminar was booked out and we received overwhelmingly positive written feedback on the day. Topics covered during the Seminar include:
- Financial Sustainability under the NDIS;
- Restructuring disability services within the individualised funding context of the NDIS;
- A case study on building partnerships under NDIS;
- Consortiums models that support joint tenders-rapid responses;
- Alliances, partnerships and mergers for future sustainability; the good the bad and the not so good.
Series of Member Forums
This is a series of consultative Member Forums complementing our ongoing Regional Forums.
The purpose of these forums is to:
- Identify systemic issues for each region in NSW for Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) services and Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) Transition Providers
- Gain a better understanding of local interagency meetings and robustness of referral networks
- Provide a forum for our members to engage with ECIA NSW/ACT around key issues of interest and concern
- Inform our Sector Support and Development Program for 2017-18.
Click here to register…
NDIS Provider Forums
ECIA NSW/ACT in partnership with the National Disability Insurance Agency, the Department of Family & Community Services, Ageing, Disability and Home Care, and National Disability Services will be holding a series of NDIS Provider Forums that focus on the essential information that providers will need to ensure they are ready to operate under the NDIS. The forums will cover:
- An NDIA update on transition, planning, pricing, plan implementation and plan reviews. Presentations will be tailored for Year One and Year Two areas, with a greater focus on the process for scheduled plan reviews in 2016-2017 transition areas.
- Continuity of Support arrangements for participants accessing existing services but are ineligible for the NDIS.
- Presentation from the Office of Fair Trading which will outline the areas of NSW and Australian consumer law that are relevant for all providers of disability services.
- Updates from NDS and ECIA on critical policy and operational issues impacting on providers.
Forums will be held across NSW with presentations and topics catering to the differing issues relevant to providers across the age spectrum.